If you are considering getting a Ragdoll cat in India, you have made the right choice, for these gentle giants are known for their sweet yet laidback personality and luxurious fur!
The average Ragdoll cat price in India ranges from Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 60,000. The price, however, can drastically differ in how the ragdoll cat is cared for, its pedigree, and its overall age.
In this article, we will look at some traits of the Ragdoll cat and why its price can vary due to various factors. Some tips for caring for and grooming ragdoll cats will also be given if you are new to cat grooming!
Keep on reading to know more about the cat breed you are thinking of getting.
Why Are Ragdoll Cats Expensive?
If you are wondering why the average Ragdoll cat price in India is costly, then you may attribute it to the following:
- Uniqueness: Typically known for their silky colourpoint coat and distinctive blue eyes, these cats are beauties to behold due to their giant physique and long legs. These traits and peaceful behaviour make them highly lucrative among cat owners.
- Care and Grooming: Caring for a ragdoll cat can be slightly challenging due to its laidback nature, which can often result in you forcing them to go out for a walk against their will. Grooming can also be challenging due to their silky and thick fur, which may get tangled or matted from dust.
Besides these, location can also cause the prices of ragdoll cats to be different, along with whether the cats are pedigree. These are just some of the reasons that might explain why the Ragdoll cat price in India is high.
Ragdoll Cat Price in India
As explained earlier, ragdoll cat price in India can vary widely according to different cities in India and the breeder’s quality. But it would be best if you generally were prepared to pay around Rs. 20,000-60,000.
|Average Price Range (INR)
|Ragdoll Price in Delhi
|₹30,000 – ₹60,000
|Ragdoll Price in Mumbai
|₹28,000 – ₹55,000
|Ragdoll Price in Bangalore
|₹25,000 – ₹50,000
|Ragdoll Price in Chennai
|₹30,000 – ₹60,000
|Ragdoll Price in Kolkata
|₹30,000 – ₹55,000
|Ragdoll Price in Hyderabad
|₹25,000 – ₹50,000
|Ragdoll Price in Ahmedabad
|₹30,000 – ₹55,000
|Ragdoll Price in Kerala
|₹28,000 – ₹60,000
|Ragdoll Price in Pune
|₹28,000 – ₹55,000
Please remember that these prices are approximate and can vary based on factors such as breeder reputation, lineage, quality, and demand. It’s important to research and contact reputable breeders for the most accurate and up-to-date pricing information.
Factors Affecting the Price of Ragdoll Cats in India
Generally, the following factors can affect the Ragdoll cat price in India such as:
Age: Generally, ragdoll kittens are often in higher demand due to having a wider area of growth in terms of socialization and higher levels of activity, something which can cause an increase in their price.
On the other hand, older ragdoll cats may not be as highly priced, although you may expect them to be steep if they have been raised in a proper cattery with all the health checks and vaccinations.
Pedigree: Cats with pedigree or certification tend to be priced steeply and, sometimes, on a much higher scale than average. A ragdoll cat with a pedigree implies their breed purity and overall health quality. Something that can authenticate the cat and increase their price according to their quality.
Quality of Breeding: Proper breeding practices of ragdoll cats generally include vaccination, proper grooming, microchipping, proper health checks, and the like, along with a healthy and nutritious diet. A good breeder who follows these practices will also tend to have their ragdoll cats priced at a much higher range.
Colour: Due to ragdoll, cats have unique colourpoint coats with distinct upside-down v-shaped markings on their faces. In general, ragdoll cats come in three colours:
- Colourpoint – Color darkening at the face or ear, etc.
- Mitted – Known generally for their “belly stripe.”
- Bicolor – Upside down V with inverted colours, with a “Van” pattern.
Some variations of this colour in the ragdoll cat are also present, such as:
- Tortoishell – Includes particolored markings.
- Lynx- a type of colorpoint but with tabby markings and white airlines.
All these different colourings and variations can affect the price of a ragdoll cat.
Location: The Ragdoll cat price in India can vary according to location; for example, you can expect to pay around Rs. 30,000 to 60,000 for a ragdoll cat in Delhi, whereas the same would cost around Rs. 28,000 to 55,000 in Pune.
Besides the factors listed above, you can expect the price of ragdoll cats to be also affected by supply and demand; that is, if there is a high demand for ragdoll cats and a shortage in terms of supply, then their prices will be increased accordingly to meet the supply demands for the time being.
Online stores may also price their ragdoll cats much higher than average to meet the transportation demands if required and other taxes that may be incurred if the payment is made online for some reason.
Cost of Owning a Ragdoll Cat
The cost of owning a Ragdoll cat itself can incur rather good amounts of losses on the part of the owner; this is due to their high-maintenance needs such as grooming products, nutritious diet owing to their large size and toys that may be required to keep them stimulated mentally.
You may generally expect the monthly needs of a Ragdoll cat price in India to be around Rs. 10,000 or more based on how well you intend to care for your Ragdoll cat.
Where to buy a Ragdoll Cat in India
If you are thinking about the Ragdoll cat price in India and where to buy them, then you may read some of the below to know which sources you should get the ragdoll cat in India from:
- Reputable breeders: This is the most crucial part of buying a ragdoll cat in India; whether you are in Pune or Delhi, find a good cattery or a cat breeder and consult with them, ensure that the pricing is steep enough and not too low, consult others regarding the breeder and only then get the ragdoll cat.
- Pet rescue organizations: Some pet rescue organizations can often have cats or other pets up for free adoption, but only to households with the proper environment and finances to handle them. You may look at sites such as The Pet Nest for ragdoll cats.
- Online sources: Sites such as Mykitten, Mr. n Ms Pet, and the like can be used to find proper and ethical cat breeders in India. However, you should be careful as these sites cannot guarantee responsibility if you fall victim to a scam.
Things To Consider When Buying a Ragdoll Cat in India
Generally, buying a ragdoll cat in India can be a confusing choice. Therefore, it can be essential to take in some considerations such as:
Only look for proper and ethical cat breeders in India will always ensure that their ragdoll cats are healthy and happy, along with proper health certificates. Always meet the cat and the breeder in person to check out the cat’s health and whether their environment is proper for the cat.
Try to talk with others regarding the breeders; you may search for them on the internet or discuss them with your friends or family.
Always ask for the certificates, and do not shy away from confronting the breeder if you notice any irregularities or any unnaturally low pricing of the ragdoll cat breed.
Considering these things before buying a ragdoll cat in India would be best.
Tips for Caring For a Ragdoll Cat
If you are wondering about how to take care of your ragdoll cat, then you may try the following tips below to help with your quest of raising a new ragdoll kitten if you have just gotten one:
- Diet: Ensure to include as much meat as possible in your ragdoll cat’s diet, as they are obligate carnivores. Getting the Royal Canin Cat Dry Food or other branded cat foods is generally recommended to ensure your cat gets appropriate nutrition.
- Grooming: Always use a soft bristle brush to remove the mat and tangles on your cat’s fur, occasionally wash them with cat shampoo in two weeks, and dry them off.
- Games: As ragdoll cats are laidback by nature, it is essential to try and socialize them as much as possible and ensure they are mentally stimulated by giving them toys or puzzles.
Other than that, do not let the children in your family or the like play roughhouse with your cat, as they generally dislike too much force and want as much peace as possible.
The cost of a Ragdoll cat price in India can vary a lot. Many things play a role, like the breeder’s reputation, the cat’s age, color, and family lineage. Cheaper Ragdoll cats exist, but remember that quality often comes with a price. Choosing a reputable breeder may come at a higher cost upfront, but it’s an investment in your cat’s overall well-being and lineage.
Ultimately, the key is to thoroughly research and prepare. Think about the initial cost and the ongoing expenses of having a cat. And always remember that getting a pet is a big commitment in the long run – it’s not something to take lightly.