Thinking of getting a pet cat? The Turkish Angora could be a great choice. It’s a fluffy and lovely cat, famous for its long white fur and sometimes having two different eye colors. This special breed has been winning hearts in India because of how playful and friendly they are.
The Turkish angora cat price in India can vary depending on various factors. It depends on where you get the cat, its age, and even its color. We know it sounds complicated, but don’t worry. We’re here to help you figure it all out.
In this article, we’ll check into all the details you’ll need to consider when estimating the price of a Turkish Angora in India. From the initial cost to long-term care expenses, we cover it all. Our aim is to provide you with a resource that not only informs but also prepares you for the joyous responsibility of owning one of these magnificent creatures.
Historical Background of Turkish Angora
Originating from the Ankara region in Turkey, the Turkish Angora is one of the ancient, naturally occurring cat breeds. Renowned for their silky, medium-length fur, plume-like tails, and almond-shaped eyes, these cats can sometimes even boast heterochromia – a condition where each eye is a different colour. Their grace and charm, combined with their playful nature, make them an attractive pet choice.
Factors Influencing the Price
- Pedigree & Certification: Cats with a certified lineage or those from award-winning breeds will cost significantly more. If the cat has been certified by recognized bodies such as the Cat Fanciers’ Association (CFA) or The International Cat Association (TICA), its price increases.
- Age: Kittens typically cost more than adult cats. Many prefer kittens as they want to raise them from a young age, making them more in demand.
- Colour & Coat Quality: Unique coat colours and patterns, especially if they’re rare for Turkish Angoras, can increase the price. The quality and thickness of the fur also play a role.
- Breeder Reputation: Established breeders who prioritize health screenings, proper care, and ethical breeding practices might charge more. However, paying a premium ensures you’re getting a healthy pet.
- Vaccination & Health: Cats that have been vaccinated, dewormed, and screened for common genetic disorders will be priced higher.
- Geographical Location: The region in India where you’re purchasing from can influence the price. Metro cities like Mumbai, Delhi, and Bangalore might have slightly higher prices compared to non-metro areas due to higher operational costs for breeders.
Turkish Angora Price Range in India
As of now, the Turkish Angora cat price in India ranges from ₹15,000 to ₹60,000. The price varies widely based on the factors mentioned above. If you’re looking for a pedigreed cat with certification from a reputed breeder, expect prices to be on the higher end of this spectrum.
Buying a Turkish Angora
- Finding Reputable Breeders: To find ethical and responsible breeders, research is key. Look for breeders who are registered with cat fancier associations and have positive reviews. They should prioritize the health and well-being of their cats and be transparent about their breeding practices. Visiting the breeding facility and asking for references can also provide insights into their practices.
- Meet the Cat:
- It’s important to meet the Turkish Angora cat before finalizing the purchase. This allows you to assess its temperament, health, and the conditions it has been raised in. Interaction with the cat can also help in determining if its personality is a good fit for your home.
- Ask for Health Records:
- Obtaining complete health records from the breeder is crucial. These should include vaccination details, deworming schedules, and any health screenings done. It ensures that the cat has received proper medical care and helps in future veterinary consultations.
- Consider Adoption: Adopting a Turkish Angora from a shelter is a valuable alternative. It can be more cost-effective and also provides a home to a cat in need. Shelters often provide initial health checks and vaccinations, making it a responsible choice.
Turkish Angora Cat Price in India in major cities
Here is the average price of Turkish Angora cats in some major cities in India:
|Turkish Angora Cat price in Delhi
|₹15,000 – ₹50,000
|Turkish Angora Cat price in Mumbai
|₹20,000 – ₹60,000
|Turkish Angora Cat price in Kolkata
|₹20,000 – ₹50,000
|Turkish Angora Cat price in Chennai
|₹18,000 – ₹50,000
|Turkish Angora Cat price in Bangalore
|₹15,000 – ₹60,000
|Turkish Angora Cat price in Hyderabad
|₹10,000 – ₹22,000
|Turkish Angora Cat price in Ahmedabad
|₹12,000 – ₹60,000
|Turkish Angora Cat price in Pune
|₹15,000 – ₹50,000
|Turkish Angora Cat price in Surat
|₹22,000 – ₹50,000
|Turkish Angora Cat price in Jaipur
|₹20,000 – ₹50,000
Please note that these prices are approximate and can vary based on factors such as the cat’s age, health condition, and the reputation of the breeder. It’s always a good idea to check with multiple breeders and choose one who is reputable and trustworthy. Also, consider adopting from a shelter or rescue organization as there are many lovely cats of various breeds available for adoption.
Where to buy a Turkish Angora cat in India
There are a few different places where you can buy a Turkish Angora cat in India. You can find them at pet shops, breeders, and adoption agencies.
- Pet shops: Pet shops often sell Turkish Angora cats, but the prices are typically higher than if you buy from a breeder. This is because pet shops have to cover the cost of overhead, such as rent and utilities.
- Breeders: Breeders are a good option if you want to buy a purebred Turkish Angora cat. They can also provide you with more information about the cat’s lineage and health.
- Adoption agencies: Adoption agencies are a good option if you are looking for a Turkish Angora cat at a lower price. They often have cats that have been surrendered by their owners or rescued from shelters.
Things to consider before buying a Turkish Angora cat
Before you buy a Turkish Angora cat, there are a few things you should consider:
- Your lifestyle: Turkish Angora cats are active and playful, so they are not a good fit for people who are not home often.
- Your budget: The price of a Turkish Angora cat can be significant, so make sure you are prepared to pay for the cat’s food, vet care, and other expenses.
- Your allergies: Turkish Angora cats shed a lot, so if you have allergies, you may want to consider a different breed.
Owning a Turkish Angora cat in India is a long-term commitment that requires not just an emotional investment but also a substantial financial one. The initial price tag of acquiring a Turkish Angora is just the starting point. Ongoing expenses such as regular vet visits, high-quality cat food, toys, and grooming are all part of the long-term financial obligations you’ll need to consider.
Furthermore, it’s crucial to remember that a pet’s value isn’t solely determined by its price. The joy, companionship, and emotional fulfilment a Turkish Angora can bring into your life are invaluable. Before making the purchase, always weigh the overall costs against the enriching experience of sharing your home with such a majestic and loving creature.
By understanding both the immediate and lifetime expenses, you can make a well-informed decision, ensuring that you and your feline friend have a happy and fulfilling life together.